If you’re shopping for a new appliance for your home, energy efficiency should be one of your top priorities as you choose your next model. If you’re replacing a very old appliance, chances are that any new model of fridge, washer, or dryer that you choose will be more energy efficient. But, energy efficiency in appliance improves every day, and it is important that you do some shopping to find the perfect appliance that is environmentally-friendly, and cost-effective to use.
Most homeowners are looking for energy-efficient appliances to be sure their operating costs stay down. But, there are environmental reasons to ensure appliances are energy-efficient as well. There are many more regulations surrounding how major home appliances can be built and operate, and every new model available is more efficient than those from years ago. If you’re in the market for a new major home appliance, there are a few things you can do to be sure that you find the most efficient and reliable model on the market:
● Energy Star: Look for appliances that have the Energy Star seal of approval. These appliances meet all efficient operation regulations.
● Comparative Statistics: If you have your eye on a few models, compare their outputs and efficiencies relative to their price and review. You may find one is much more suited to your needs than another, and just because a model passes minimum energy requirements does not mean it is the most efficient available product
● Upfront Cost vs. Operating Cost: Buying energy efficient appliances usually requires a bit more of an upfront investment. That said, this upfront cost needs to be compared to the long-term cost of operating
● Rebates: Many companies offer rebates for the purchase of an energy efficient appliance. Researching rebate programs can help make the cost of purchase more affordable
● Maintenance Packages: Appliances run best if they are well-maintained. See if your local retailers offer maintenance packages that will help you operate your appliances for less. If you have any concerns about how long your appliance will last, you’ll also want to review any available warranty packages.
Buying a new appliance for your home can be a major investment. You want it to function well, be affordable, and provide energy-efficient service for years to come. It can be tempting to go for the cheapest model when you’re buying a new appliance, but it is important to think long-term. A bit more investment in your initial purchase can bring you years of savings on operating your appliances. If you are looking for recommendations, you can discuss with the appliance repair expert in Etobicoke.